Thursday, August 14, 2008

A priest, 2 Roman Catholic seminarians and me

I am at US Army Chaplain School and I had a great opportunity to meet with a priest and two seminarians over dinner last night. We also meet later in their room for some discussion.

Here are just a few things I discovered from the conversation:

  • You will end up where God wants you.
  • Be patient in discernment.
  • I am better able to have theological discussions with the Catholics here than I am with most Baptists.
I might dive into some more details of the discussion later, but right now it is lunch time.

2 comments:

Tam N said...

Details? Been waiting!

I've been keeping up with your blog for awhile now. Very interesting.

Do you still live in Pasadena, CA?

If you ever want to visit St. John's Seminary, Camarillo, CA. Let me know by sending me an email to tamnguyen@stjohnsem.edu.

A fellow seminarian,

Tam

Joel said...

Thanks, its nice to know people out there are interested in my story.

I have been slacking off on my blog - mostly because nothing of significance has happened in this area of my life since chaplain school.

However, I will write up (as best I can remember) some details from that conversation.

I am still in Pasadena. I looked up St. John's and its only an hour from me. I would love to come out there and grab a coffee with you sometime. I will drop you an email.

Thanks again for your comment.